What To Pack For Summer Camp
Summer Camp Pack List – Are you getting your child ready for a mid-July session of overnight summer camp?
There are quite a few things to remember and consider before heading out the door, so it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Our Summer Camp Pack List below will help you rest easy. Go to camp confident that your child has everything they need.
However, before you dive into our list, be sure you’ve checked with your child’s camp regarding their packing list, as each may be unique.
All your child’s items should be initialed, including toothbrush containers, socks and soap containers. All clothing, especially new clothing, should be freshly washed and dried. If your child is going to summer camp for more than a week, check on laundry service and procedures at camp.
Our Summer Camp Pack List
- Durable luggage bags for all your items – Bags should be tagged with names/contact information
- An outfit for each day of the week plus two or three more
- Outfits should consist of clothing that can get dirty
- Outfits should mostly be comprised of:
- Underwear appropriate for sports and movement (sports bras/jock straps)
- One dress outfit and coordinating accessories
- A pair or two of older sneakers (they will get muddy!)
- Flip Flops
- A couple pairs of pajamas
- Sweat pants/Warm up pants
- Rain jacket or poncho & umbrella
- Hat (Wide-brimmed)
- Swim Gear
- Towel for pool
- Goggles for swimming
- Swimsuit (one pieces for girls)
- Swim shirt with UV protection
- Bath towel
- Bath robe
- Shower caddy
- Soap in plastic case
- Wash Cloth
- Other hygiene products
- Toothbrush & toothbrush container
- Tooth paste
- Lip balm
- Nail clippers
- Feminine hygiene products
- Anti-itch products (for bug bites)
- Health products
- Glasses/Contact lenses
- Sunscreen (15 SPF or more)
- Bug spray
- Lip balm
- Medicine (Medicine you bring may need to be checked in with the nurse – check with your camp)
- Bedding – check with your camp on details
- Flashlight and spare batteries
- Laundry bag
- Reusable water bottle or canteen
- Writing paper, pre-addressed envelopes, and stamps or calling card
- Spending money (but check with camp for policies)
- Comforts of home, like a family photo or a stuffed animal; just be sure it is replaceable
- Entertainment, like books, coloring books & colored pencils/markers, journal, and deck of cards
- Small backpack or tote for day-trips
Now, make sure you have enough room in the car and give yourself plenty of time to pack! Also, most camps do not allow electronic devices, so its unlikely that your child will be allowed to bring their cell phone or have any need for chargers. If you have any questions on this Summer Camp Pack List, feel free to contact us on any of our social media channels!
Was This Helpful? Get More Content Like This!
Join Our Broad & Bright Mailing List By Signing Up Below
AMSkier Clients already receive these articles and much more.